Saturday, August 5, 2017

embossed resist marbling video tutorial


One more fun technique with the marble stamp image from my Modern + Marbled kit from Papertrey Ink. When I designed the stamp, I knew I would love the way it could create marbled backgrounds in basic tone-on-tone stamping. But with all these new techniques, the possibilities are endless! 


Today's technique involves emboss resist with a twist. I begin by inking the card stock panel, stamping and heat embossing with clear powder, and finishing the panel off with a darker shade of ink over the top. Its pretty cool!


Watch the video above for the entire process. Keep an eye and ear out for my big boo boo and how you can learn from my mistake. Click the arrow in the center to watch.

To watch the video in HD, please click here: Emboss Resist Marbling


I hope you have enjoyed this quick video series on different ways to use the marble image from the Modern + Marbled kit. If you miss any here is the list:


I have one more really great technique to share, but you will have to wait until Papertrey Ink's big celebration at the end of the month, Stamp a Faire! This free online event is going to be an absolute blast! Don't miss out on on all the fun! Details can be found here-Stamp A Faire 2017. I will have more details here on my blog soon!

Sincerely Yours,
Please note that many of the supplies in the Modern + Marbled Kit are being used in this video series, including the marble image stamp. The contents of the kit can be seen by simply clicking the image in the supply list below. It is the first image and is labeled Modern + Marbled.

2 comments:

Linda Vich said...

I really love this card! So pretty with the marbling technique! I also love the gold leafing and wonder if you could post links for the glue pen and gold leafing you used?

Teresa Doyle said...

This is really beautiful Kimberly, I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...